It wasn’t all that long ago when you needed multiple devices to print, copy, scan or fax. Now, you can do all with one machine – a multifunction printer or device (MFD).
Also known as an all-in-one (AIO), MFDs come in a range of sizes and capabilities for all needs – from the home office, right through to large companies which print tens of thousands of pages a month.
MFDs allow you to do much more than simply print, scan, fax or copy.
Here are some of the capabilities you can choose from in modern MFDs:
- Scanning over a network instead of a USB.
- Faxing directly from your PC without having to print first.
- Scanning a document direct to an email as an attachment, to a folder or application.
- Copying, scanning or faxing multi-page documents through an auto document feeder (ADF).
- Duplexing – Scanning or printing both sides of the page via the ADF.
- Printing, faxing or scanning documents from or to cloud applications such as one drive, google drive, SharePoint, dropbox, onenote and others.
- Accessing and using common application forms, saved to the MFD hard drive.
- Marking multiple choice questions in tests (for teachers).
A MFD can be simple or comprehensive, depending on your organisation’s needs. It’s best to work with an IT provider who understands how your organisation operates and your printing, copying, scanning and faxing needs, to recommend the right MFD for you.